Eating for Intuition
Like all journeys, mine started with getting clear and getting clean. Many of you know I have released over 150lbs and am free of binge eating. The tie to health and intuition is deeply connected. Below are some of my general guidelines for eating for intuitive health. I hope you enjoy them and perhaps pick one or more of these to add to your life.
- Don’t eat when angry, stressed, or upset. If you do, you create that energy in your system.
- Sing to your food while preparing it or talk to it and treat it with respect while cooking.
- Eat with your shoes off – it grounds you and also helps with digestion.
- Don’t eat while reading or watching television – it is important to be mindfully aware while eating.
- Sit for a few moments in silence or pray over your food – this gratitude goes into your body.
- Let go of the word “diet.” Look at eating for life or eating for vibrational wellness.
- Prepare unrefined, whole foods that are as local as possible.
- Try and eat your biggest meal in the middle of the day.
- Work on avoiding table sugar and processed foods – they only clog your energy.
- Add more spice to your food to help reduce cravings for fatty and sugary foods.
- Add superfoods to your diet such as dulce or seaweed.
- PH test your body to help your body come into balance.
- Send love to your body when you eat – this helps reduce binge eating behaviors.
- Drink water and teas to clean, clear, and warm your body which is your temple.
- Always eat your greens.
- Once a week, cover your body from your scalp to the bottoms of your feet in 3 tsp of sesame oil.
- In between meals, consider chewing fennel seeds to aid in digestion and metabolism.
- Drink water with chopped-up organic celery to detoxify the liver, adrenal glands, and kidneys.
- Take deep breaths while chewing, and chew 10 times before swallowing to avoid digestive issues.
- Pick up one or both of my go-to cookbooks: “The Yoga Cookbook” by The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center and “The New Moosewood Cookbook” by Mollie Katzen.
As you incorporate these practices into your eating, you will become more mindful and your body will more easily digest the nutrition it needs to perform optimally!